Amanda is an associate at the firm’s Chicago office, where she focuses her practice on commercial litigation and business disputes, entertainment and media law, intellectual property and transactional services. Amanda has represented entities ranging from individuals and small businesses to international corporations in state and federal court in a wide range of commercial litigation, contractual, and business tort matters. She has also handled proceedings within the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and prosecuted trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Additionally, Amanda provides transactional services to commercial and entertainment clients, including contract drafting, such as operating agreements, production and performance agreements, artist management agreements, and music publishing and licensing agreements, and film production clearance opinions.
Amanda proudly volunteers her time with Lawyers for the Creative Arts as President of the Associate Board and a volunteer attorney, providing pro bono legal services to clients in the local arts and entertainment communities.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts
- Associate Board President, 2021-2025
- Associate Board Secretary, 2019-2021
- Volunteer Attorney, 2017-Present
- Women in Music, Chicago Chapter
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- Young Lawyer Assistant Editor, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2024)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars List (2023)
- “Is AI the Future of Entertainment?: The Benefits and Pitfalls of AI in the Art and Entertainment Industries,” Lawyers for the Creative Arts' Law Arts Blog, May 2023
- “What is a Band Agreement and Why You Needed One Yesterday,” Lawyers for the Creative Arts' Law Arts Blog, May 2023
- "Roll For Initiative In The Battle Of Dungeons & Dragons' Open Gaming License," Lawyers for the Creative Arts' Law Arts Blog, January 2023
- "Pumped Up Kicks: What’s Up in the World of Sneaker Customization," Lawyers for the Creative Arts Blog, April 2022
- "A Young Lawyer’s Perspective: How "Bigly" is the Future of the Music Industry? It’s "Yuge!," ABA Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, Vol. 34, No. 2, Winter 2018
- "A Young Lawyer’s Perspective: Trademarks, Counterfeits, and Piracy! Oh, My! — Hot Topics in Global Intellectual Property," ABA Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, Vol. 34, No. 2, Winter 2018
- "Save Rock and Roll: A Look at Rights Afforded to Pre-1972 Sound Recordings and Why Federalization Should Be Granted," 66 DePaul Law Review 265, 2017
- "A Law Student’s Perspective: Digital Get Down—Music Licensing in the Digital Age," ABA Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, Vol. 33, No. 2, Winter 2017
- "Third Circuit Strikes Down New Jersey Sports Gambling Law...Again; Pokémon Go and Sue for Nuisance!; Wiz Khalifa Pulls a 180 on Record Company Concerning 360 Deal", ABA Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, Vol. 33, No. 1, Fall 2016
- "Intellectual Property Law Basics," Chicago Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Committee, October 2023
- "Careers in Intellectual Property & Technology," DePaul University College of Law's Center for Intellectual Property Law & Information Technology, Chicago, IL, March 2023
- "Copyright Law: What Music Creators Need to Know," Women in Music Chicago, Chicago, IL, March 2023
- “Genome Testing in Foodborne Illness Cases – Tracing Your Pathogen Through the Supply Chain, DRI Products Liability Conference, New Orleans, LA 2020
October 10, 2023
Alasauskas to Speak for Chicago Bar Association's Intellectual Property Law Webinar
Associate Amanda J. Alasauskas will speak at the Chicago Bar Association's webinar, "Intellectual Property Law Basics," on October 12 at 2pm.
Chicago, Lisle, Libertyville, St. Louis, Madison County, August 17, 2023
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Attorneys Named to 2024 Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch Lists
Fifty-five Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP attorneys were named to the 2024 Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ lists.
June 06, 2023
Alasauskas Serves as Judge for the Distinguished Young Women Program
Associate Amanda J. Alasauskas served as a judge for the Distinguished Young Women (DYW) program at Portage High School in Portage, Indiana, on May 20.
May 30, 2023
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Sponsors Lawyers for the Creative Arts' Shindy 2023 Fundraiser
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP is proud to co-sponsor Lawyers for the Creative Arts (LCA)'s fundraiser, "Shindy 2023," on June 8 in Chicago, Illinois.
May 04, 2023
Alasauskas, Kliebhan & McLoughlin Elected to the Lawyers for the Creative Arts Associate Board Executive Committee
Associates Amanda J. Alasauskas, Thomas J. Kliebhan and Mark J. McLoughlin were elected to the 2023-25 Lawyers for the Creative Arts' (LCA) Associate Board Executive Committee.
Chicago, March 30, 2023
Alasauskas Participates in DePaul Law's CIPLIT® Panel Discussion
Associate Amanda J. Alasauskas participated in an informational panel on careers in intellectual property & technology hosted by DePaul University College of Law's Center for Intellectual Property Law & Information Technology (CIPLIT®) on March 29.
March 20, 2023
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Hosts Copyright Law Panel for Women in Music Chicago
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP will host a panel, "Copyright Law: What Music Creators Need to Know," for Women in Music Chicago on March 30.
Chicago, January 23, 2023
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Attorneys Named 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers
Five Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP attorneys have been named to the 2023 Super Lawyers® list as leading practitioners in their field across Illinois.
January 13, 2023
Alasauskas Authors Article on Dungeons & Dragons' Open Gaming License for Lawyers for the Creative Arts
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP associate Amanda J. Alasauskas authored an article, "Roll For Initiative In The Battle Of Dungeons & Dragons' Open Gaming License," for Lawyers for the Creative Arts.
December 09, 2022
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP at the Lawyers for the Creative Arts 50th Anniversary Gala
On December 8, Partner Michelle Wahl and Associates Amanda Alasauskas and Thomas Kliebhan attended the Lawyers for the Creative Arts 50th Anniversary Gala at the Chicago Cultural Center. Guests enjoyed an evening filled with performances from outstanding artists from a broad range of ensembles, genres, and styles.
November 04, 2022
Four Associates Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Amanda J. Alasauskas focuses her practice on Entertainment and Media Law, Intellectual Property Litigation and Transactional Services, Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes and Product Liability. She received her J.D. in 2017 from DePaul University College of Law and her B.A. in 2014 from the Indiana University Bloomington.