Gary Pinter is a partner at Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP and joined the firm in April 2017. He has experience in defending clients in asbestos-related product liability and premises liability actions, as well as experience in defending clients in a broad range of other litigation, including toxic tort, personal injury, property damage, premises liability, intentional tort and consumer protection statutory matters.
Prior to his legal education and subsequent career, Gary enlisted in the U.S. Army and served as a Cavalry Scout from 2000 until his honorable discharge as a noncommissioned officer in 2004. His military service included being awarded the George S. Patton Award upon completion of his One Station Unit Training, being named the Distinguished Honor Graduate from the Army’s Primary Leadership Development Course, and combat operations in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Named to Law Bulletin Publishing Company's 2015 and 2016 list of Illinois Emerging Lawyers. Only two percent of Illinois lawyers under the age of 40 or who have been licensed to practice for 10 years or less earn this distinction.
- Named one of "40 Under Forty" attorneys to watch in Illinois by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company in 2015. This honor recognizes exceptional lawyering skills, significant contributions to the legal profession and substantial involvement in local community
- “Criminal Discovery and the Costs of Reproduction: A Burden Taxpayers Should Not Have to Bear,” Northern Illinois University Law Review, 2006
- “Recent Developments in Premises Liability,” Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen’s 29th Annual Claims Seminar, Bloomington, Illinois, 2014
- “Navigating an Asbestos Case in Madison County,” Harris Martin’s Midwest Asbestos Litigation Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, 2015
Chicago, St. Louis, Madison County, June 6, 2017
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Grows St. Louis, Madison County Offices With Lateral Additions
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP welcomes four lateral attorneys to add more strength and expertise in the firm’s Toxic Tort Litigation, Asbestos Litigation and Product Liability.