Katherine is an associate at the firm’s Chicago office. She combines her background in client service and project management with her passion for healthcare to assist in various firm practice groups, including medical malpractice, pharmaceuticals, and general trial practice. Prior to attending law school, Katherine worked on the client management side of a multinational marketing agency, primarily managing global CPG clients.
While in law school, Katherine interned with the office of general counsel for a top-tier Chicago hospital and national healthcare non-profit organization. She also served as a staff writer for the DePaul Journal of Health Care Law and was the Director of Marketing for DePaul’s Jaharis Health Law Institute.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Symposium Committee Member, 2022
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee Member, 2022
- Illinois YMCA Youth & Government, Advisor for Chicago Academy of the Arts Delegation
- Developing A National Strategic Plan to Address the Effects of Climate Change On Human Health (Vol. 22, Issue 1), DePaul Journal of Health Care Law, January 2021
- Moderator, "Fidelity in the Fertility Forum: Legal and Ethical Challenges in Fertility Medicine," DePaul College of Law's Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute, March 2023
Chicago, November 06, 2023
Kettering to Moderate Panel At Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys' 41st Annual Health Law Symposium
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Associate Katherine M. Kettering will serve as a moderator for "Legal Updates and Trends" at the 41st Annual Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys (IAHA) Health Law Symposium on November 9 in Chicago.
Chicago, March 14, 2023
Kettering Moderates Fertility Medicine Panel at DePaul College of Law - JHLI Symposium
Associate Katherine M. Kettering recently moderated the "Fidelity in the Fertility Forum: Legal and Ethical Challenges in Fertility Medicine" panel for DePaul College of Law's Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute.
December 12, 2022
Two Associates Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP welcomes two associates to its Chicago office.