C. Matt Alva is an associate at the firm’s Chicago office. He concentrates his practice in civil litigation, notably in product and premise liability, construction and toxic tort matters. Matt also defends businesses in Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes. Prior to joining Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP, Matt gained extensive experience defending employers in toxic tort, product liability and workers’ compensation matters. Outside of the office, Matt is active in his local community, through the Ravinia Neighbors Association, and enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Judicial Intern Opportunity Program (JIOP)
- Ravinia Neighbors Association
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars List, 2019
- Illinois Supreme Court’s Decision May Effect Application of Forum Non Conveniens, ABA Section of Litigation-Products Liability, January 27, 2014
- "The Implications of Autonomous Vehicles," ABA Young Lawyers Teleconference on Autonomous Vehicles, February 23, 2017
- “Component Part Defendants and the Bare Metal Defense,” American Conference Institute’s 18th National Advanced Forum on Asbestos Claims & Litigation, Chicago, IL January 2015
- "Product Identification and an Asbestos Deposition,” American Conference Institute’s 17th National Advanced Forum on Asbestos Claims & Litigation, Chicago, IL June 2014
Chicago, Libertyville, St. Louis, January 28, 2019
Illinois Super Lawyers Recognizes 29 Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Attorneys
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP is proud to have 14 Super Lawyers and 15 Rising Stars in 2019.
Chicago, March 30, 2017
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Hosts Hispanic Lawyers of Illinois JD Mentoring Event
Chicago, February 6, 2017
Alva Speaks at ABA Young Lawyers Teleconference on Autonomous Vehicles
Alva and fellow panelists will discuss "The Implications of Autonomous Vehicles" on Thursday, February 23.
Chicago, October 11, 2016
Alva Leads Hispanic Lawyers' JD Mentor Kickoff Event
Alva co-chairs the JD Mentors Program, which pairs Latino or Latina judges or practicing attorneys with Latino or Latina college and law students with the purpose of creating a mentoring relationship.
Chicago, June 23, 2016
Four Lateral Associates Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP announces four lateral associates have joined the firm's Chicago office.