BiographyThomas is an associate at the firm’s Chicago office. His practice includes Entertainment Law, Wills & Trusts, and other mass tort litigation. He includes artists, managers, producers, and record labels among his clients and counsels them on a variety of issues in the entertainment industry, including management agreements, producer agreements, recording agreements, contract negotiation, trademark work, and business formation.
Currently, Thomas is an associate member of the Lawyers For The Creative Arts, where he sits on their associate board as the Social Media Chair and volunteers his time providing pro bono legal services to clients in the Chicago arts and entertainment world.
Prior to law school, Thomas interned at a mid-size independent record label and worked extensively as a freelance music journalist. His writing has been published in the Chicago Reader, Noisey, Consequence of Sound, The Outline, A.V. Club, Vinyl Me Please, and others. He has also contributed to the Illinois State Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Newsletter and the American Bar Association Entertainment and Sports Lawyer Journal.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- "American beer giants Anheuser-Busch and MillerCoors clash over Super Bowl advertisements and corn syrup usage," Illinois State Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Newsletter, Vol 58, No. 4, June 2019
- "America Loves K-Pop. What About K-Rock?," The Outline, Oct. 16, 2018
- "Jam Productions Slams the Door On Contract Negotiations with Unionized Riviera Theatre Stagehands," Chicago Reader, Oct. 21, 2016
- "Never Meant: The Complete Oral History of American Football," Noisey, Feb. 2, 2016
December 09, 2022
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP at the Lawyers for the Creative Arts 50th Anniversary Gala
On December 8, Partner Michelle Wahl and Associates Amanda Alasauskas and Thomas Kliebhan attended the Lawyers for the Creative Arts 50th Anniversary Gala at the Chicago Cultural Center. Guests enjoyed an evening filled with performances from outstanding artists from a broad range of ensembles, genres, and styles.
Chicago, January 2, 2020
Recent Law School Graduates Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP announces that five recent law school graduates have joined the firm's Chicago office as associates.