BiographyThomas is an associate at the firm’s Chicago office. His practice includes Entertainment Law and other mass tort litigation. Prior to law school, Thomas interned at a mid-size independent record label and worked extensively as a freelance music journalist. His writing has been published in the Chicago Reader, Noisey, Consequence of Sound, The Outline, A.V. Club, Vinyl Me Please, and others. He has also contributed to the Illinois State Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Newsletter and the American Bar Association Entertainment and Sports Lawyer Journal.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- "American beer giants Anheuser-Busch and MillerCoors clash over Super Bowl advertisements and corn syrup usage," Illinois State Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Newsletter, Vol 58, No. 4, June 2019
- "America Loves K-Pop. What About K-Rock?," The Outline, Oct. 16, 2018
- "Jam Productions Slams the Door On Contract Negotiations with Unionized Riviera Theatre Stagehands," Chicago Reader, Oct. 21, 2016
- "Never Meant: The Complete Oral History of American Football," Noisey, Feb. 2, 2016
Chicago, January 2, 2020
Lateral Associate, Recent Law School Graduates Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP announces that one lateral attorney and five recent law school graduates have joined the firm's Chicago office as associates.