BiographyKatherine is an associate at Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP in Chicago. She concentrates her practice in civil litigation and is a member of the firm’s Medical Negligence and Healthcare practice and group and focuses her practice on the representation of hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice lawsuits. Additionally, she represents clients in other general tort work. Prior to joining Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP, Katie worked at a Chicago-area plaintiff’s personal injury firm, where she gained extensive experience in both state and federal court as lead counsel representing clients in wrongful death, personal injury and medical malpractice matters.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Misericordia Young Professionals Council
- Selected for inclusion in Emerging Lawyers in 2018-2020
- Selected for inclusion in The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 in 2018 and 2019
- Co-Author, Chapter 4 – Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress and Chapter 26 – Spoliation of Evidence, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education ICLE’s Tort Actions 2019 Edition
Chicago, Lisle, Libertyville, Madison County, February 3, 2020
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Attorneys Named Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyers for 2020
Those designated Leading Lawyers were recommended by their peers to be among the top lawyers in Illinois.
Chicago, St. Louis, September 16, 2019
Seven Lateral Associates Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP welcomes seven lateral associates, including one in the firm's St. Louis office.