David is a partner in the Libertyville office of Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP. He is an experienced litigator who has successfully handled a wide variety of legal matters including municipal and governmental regulation, land use and zoning, commercial litigation, corporate dissolution, breach of contract, construction defects, mechanics’ liens, landlord/tenant, UCC, replevin, bankruptcy, collections, creditors’ rights, and personal injury disputes. He is a member of the firm’s Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy, Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes and Construction Litigation Practice Groups, and participates as an arbitrator in the 19th Judicial Circuit Mandatory Arbitration program. David has taught college business law and legal research courses, and lectured on landlord/tenant law issues.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Christian Legal Society
- Lake County Bar Association
- Lake County Contractors Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- “Smith v. Fair Employment and Housing Commission: Religious Freedom and Anti-Discrimination Laws Square Off in the Landlord/Tenant Setting,” Northern Illinois University Law Review, Vol. 18, Issue No. 1
- "Laws Every Local Government Official Needs to Know," Lake County Bar Association, Waukegan, lllinois, 2015
- “Landlord/Tenant Law in Illinois, Beyond the Basics in the New Economy,” Schaumburg, Illinois, 2009
- “Landlord Rights and Options When the Deal Goes Bad,” Schaumburg, Illinois, 2008
- “Landlord/Tenant Law in Illinois,” Schaumburg, Illinois, 2008
- “Lease Provisions and Issues: Planning Ahead to Avoid Problems, Schaumburg, Illinois, 2008
Chicago, January 16, 2019
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Attorneys Named Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyers for 2019
Those designated Leading Lawyers were recommend by their peers to be among the top lawyers in Illinois.
Libertyville, April 21, 2015
Goles Provides FOIA Overview to Lake County Government Officials
Goles is presenting at a Lake County Bar Association seminar on "Laws Every Local Government Official Needs to Know."
Libertyville, February 7, 2014
Libertyville Office Volunteers with Feed My Starving Children
Participants packed 21 boxes of food that was then shipped to malnourished children in the Philippines.
Libertyville, April 24, 2013
Pardys, Goles Present at Seminar for Local Government Officials
Pardys and Goles will address FOIA and The Gift Ban during their presentation.
Libertyville, October 22, 2012
Goles Authors Landlord-Tenant Blog Post for Seminar Company Blog
Goles titled his post, "Preparing for a Lawsuit Starts the Day of the Tenant's Application."
Libertyville, August 24, 2012
Seminar Addresses Commercial and Residential Landlord-Tenant Law
Goles is a member of the firm's Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy, Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes and Construction Litigation Practice Groups.
Chicago, Libertyville, March 30, 2012
Goles, Sullivan Speak at Lake County Bar Association CLE
Sullivan will address civil rights litigation and Goles will speak on dangerous and unsafe structures.
Libertyville, May 21, 2010
Goles and Terselic to Provide "Landlord-Tenant Law Update" at CLE Seminar
The Libertyville partners will speak on Landlord-Tenant Law in Schaumburg, Ill.
Chicago, January 2, 2009
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Announces New Partners
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP announces the invitation of John J. O’Sullivan into the firm’s equity partnership, and the elevation of David S. Goles, McRay Judge, Anthony J. Monaco and Kelly Sullivan Rundio to partner.