Joelle is an associate in the firm’s Chicago office and is a member of the Medical Negligence and Healthcare Practice Group. She focuses her practice on the defense of hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice lawsuits. She also represents clients in other general tort matters including premises liability and products liability cases.
Prior to joining Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP, Joelle worked at a civil litigation defense firm where she gained significant experience representing national corporations and municipalities in various types of tort liability and insurance defense matters. Joelle works hard to obtain positive results for her clients, and successfully obtained summary judgment in a premises liability matter before the Northern District of Illinois.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Alumni Schools Committee & Interviewer, The University of Chicago
- Board Member, DePaul University College of Law’s Center for Jewish Law & Judaic Studies
- Board of Managers, Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Chicago Lincoln American Inns of Court
- Center for Disability & Elder Law Young Professionals Board
- LAF Young Professionals Board
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition in 2019
- Powers of Attorney: An Estate Planning Tool for Everyone, Wintrust Wealth Management Guidance Newsletter, March 2015
- Ongoing Employment Discrimination Against Women in the Wake of Wal-Mart v. Dukes, DePaul University Journal of Women, Gender and the Law, Fall 2012
- A National Study of Guardianship/Conservatorship Models, National Association of Elder Law Attorneys Newsletter, Fall 2011
Chicago, Libertyville, St. Louis, January 28, 2019
Illinois Super Lawyers Recognizes 29 Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Attorneys
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP is proud to have 14 Super Lawyers and 15 Rising Stars in 2019.
Chicago, Lisle, Libertyville, Madison County, January 23, 2018
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Attorneys Named Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyers for 2018
Those designated Leading Lawyers were recommend by their peers to be among the top lawyers in Illinois.
Chicago, September 21, 2017
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Client Obtains Summary Judgment in Copyright Case
The ruling granted Frenchy's summary judgment as defendant in an action brought by a former employee.
Chicago, July 27, 2016
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Welcomes Four Lateral Attorneys
The four women range in practices from Medical Negligence and Healthcare or Toxic Tort Litigation.