Jonna Reilly is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation and Transactional Services Practice Group and focuses her practice on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation.
Jonna represents individuals to Fortune 500 companies at all stages of litigation and has 13 years of trial experience in a broad array of areas, including pharmaceutical defense, aviation litigation, product liability defense, catastrophic loss litigation and resolution of contractual disputes. Jonna is regularly sought after to prepare critical motions for the firm’s clients, including motions for summary judgment and substantive pre-trial filings. Prior to joining Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP, Jonna practiced in Indianapolis, Indiana. Outside of the office, Jonna actively assisted both the Chicago chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the Illinois March of Dimes over the past many years. She served as a pro bono attorney for the National Immigrant Justice Center, helping to obtain asylum for two African refugees in two separate matters.
Intellectual Property Litigation
Jonna litigates trademark, copyright and patent infringement issues. She successfully prosecuted and defended trademark injunctions, right of publicity and privacy issues, complex breach of contract and commercial fraud actions.
Jonna provides transactional services for the firm’s clients, including performing initial availability searches and advisory opinions and preparing and filing trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Jonna assists with the oversight of an extensive trademark docket and conducts necessary registration maintenance and monitoring to protect her clients’ continued rights in their trademark portfolios. Jonna brings her extensive litigation experience to bear when advising clients during the registration process.
Intellectual Property Litigation and Transactional Services
Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes
Pharmaceutical and Medical Device
Entertainment and Media Law
Medical Negligence and Healthcare
Memberships & Affiliations
- Media Law Resource Center, Defense Counsel Member
- Federal Trial Bar for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series IV, selected for 2006-2007 class
- Co-Author, "MLRC Prepublication/Prebroadcast Committee Report on: The Effective use of the Fair Report Privilege," Media Law Resource Center, September 2004
- Co-Author, "LDRC Prepublication Prebroadcast Commitee Reports on: Note Retention Policies of Reporters," Libel Defense Resource Center, September 2002
- Co-Author, "LDRC Prepublication/Prebroadcast Committee Reports on: 'Advice of Counsel' as a Defense by Reporters," Libel Defense Resource Center, September 2002
Chicago, July 15, 2016
Fardy, Reilly Represent Convenience Store Chain in IP Dispute
The chain has asked U.S. District Court to allow it to continue referring to its four-sided doughnuts as “square donuts."
Chicago, January 8, 2014
Fardy Wins IP Bench Trial on Patent Ownership and Fraud Issues
The client won a declaratory judgment on patent ownership issues as well as counterclaims of fraudulent concealment and fraud misrepresentation.
Chicago, July 19, 2012
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Wins Summary Judgment in IP Case
The firm won summary judgment immediately prior to trial in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.