Erica Longfield is a trial attorney who represents corporate clients and insurance companies in all phases of litigation. She focuses her practice in the defense of product liability and toxic tort matters, specializing in asbestos and benzene lawsuits. For the past decade Erica has played a key role in national and local cases and has worked closely with her clients to develop and carry out defense strategy as well as case management. Erica has experience trying cases to verdict in multiple venues throughout Illinois, as well as extensive arbitration and deposition experience. She is also an active member of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel and Chicago Bar Association.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Tort Committee
- Young Lawyers Committee
- Associate Board, Coordinated Advice & Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS)
- Toxic Tort Case Law Update, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, 2016 Survey of Law
- Toxic Tort Case Law Update, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, 2014 Survey of Law
- Recent Trends in Mass Toxic Torts, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel Tort Law Newsletter, November 2014
- Work-Life Balance, Young Lawyers Division, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, September 2014
Chicago, May 30, 2018
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP Sponsors Women in Law and Leadership Summit
The summit explores the career obstacles, risks and rewards on the path to a fulfilling and productive career for women lawyers.
Chicago, December 13, 2017
Longfield Co-Moderates Punitive Damages Seminar for IDC
The seminar on "Punitive Damages in Illinois" covered the requirements and factors considered when Illinois plaintiffs seek punitive damages in state and federal court.
Chicago, May 10, 2017
Longfield, Rifkind Author Contributions to IDC Toxic Tort Survey of Law
The IDC Survey of Law is a compilation of recent decisions to help keep members and other decision-makers abreast of the changes in the law.
Chicago, Lisle, August 22, 2012
Two Associates Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP’s Chicago, Lisle Offices
Erica S. Longfield joins the Chicago office, while Kevin L. Sterk practices in the Lisle office.