Dan defends clients in product liability, insurance, and commercial actions. He assists clients in all aspects of the litigation process, including research, motions practice, arbitration, mediation, trial and appeals.
Prior to joining Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP, Dan worked for the Military Community & Family Policy Organization of the Department of Defense (DOD) in Washington D.C., the National Agricultural Statistics Service of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in St. Louis, and the Immigration & Customs Enforcement’s Office of Chief Counsel of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in Kansas City.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Federal Bar Association
- Eighth Circuit Representative, Younger Lawyers Division
- 2018 Illinois State Bar Association Lincoln Award Legal Writing
- "Limiting Personal Jurisdiction: The Impact of Tyrell, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Aspen American," Illinois Bar Journal, February 2018
- "The Framing Effect: Is the Structure of Your Legal Department Pushing You to Gamble on Litigation?," DRI In-House Defense Quarterly, Summer 2017
St. Louis, August 22, 2018
Ritter Elected to Board of Directors for Federal Bar Association's Younger Lawyers Division
Ritter will serve as Eighth Circuit representative.
St. Louis, February 14, 2018
Ritter Wins Second Place in Illinois Bar Journal's Lincoln Award Legal Writing Contest
Ritter's article is featured in the February 2018 issue of the Illinois Bar Journal.
St. Louis, July 10, 2017
Ritter Authors Article for DRI In-House Defense Quarterly Magazine
Ritter's article is titled, "Is the Structure of Your Legal Department Pushing You to Gamble on Litigation?"
Chicago, St. Louis, December 9, 2016
Lateral Associate, Four New Attorneys Join Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Four practice in the firm's Chicago office; one practices in the firm's St. Louis office.