Since its founding in 1992 by nine partners, Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP has continued to grow. Currently the firm has 130 lawyers and over 100 staff spread among six offices and three states. Even throughout the 2008 recession and legal market downturn, our financially stable firm has expanded.
We are always looking for talented lateral attorneys to join our dynamic, fast-paced, and growing litigation firm. All candidates must have an excellent academic record, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong work ethic. Currently, the firm is actively seeking candidates with the following qualifications/requirements:
- Lateral attorney with 1-3 years of experience to assist the firms Asbestos Practice Group
- Significant travel required
- Deposition experience a plus
- Lateral attorney with demonstrated experience in all aspects of the defense of nursing home litigation and, more importantly, a genuine interest in making the defense of long term care facilities a primary focus of his or her practice.
- The attorney will be hired primarily to handle the defense of nursing home cases, although there will be opportunities to get involved in medical malpractice and other professional negligence claims.
- Lateral attorney with 3-5 years of experience defending physicians and healthcare institutions.
- Demonstrated experience in full-case handling responsibilities, including working with experts, trial preparation, and trial.
- First or second-chair trial experience desired.
- Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP opened its Hammond, Indiana office in Fall 2017. We are currently seeking lawyers with both Indiana and Illinois licenses to assist with the growth and development of this office.
- Candidate must have experience regularly practicing in both Indiana state and federal courts.
- Leadership role in local Indiana bar association a plus.
- Attorney will assist all practice groups and work out of both the Chicago and Hammond offices.
- Lateral attorney with 2-6 years of demonstrated experience defending automotive manufacturers or other self-insured corporations required.
- Illinois license required. Indiana, Missouri, Kansas and/or Wisconsin licenses a plus.
- Lateral attorney with 2-4 years of experience litigating class-actions required.
- Experience with handling matters through the class-certification stage or a settlement process a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience handling high exposure product liability, premises liability, construction accident, or general tort litigation
- First or second chair trial experience
- Leadership role in the local bar association
- Dual licensed in Illinois and Missouri
- Desire to develop own business and to grow the St. Louis office of a nationally recognized firm
To apply for these positions, please send your resume, writing sample, and transcript to email@example.com.
Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP is known for its fair treatment of its attorneys including senior level attorneys. If you have a book of business and would like to consider joining Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP, please contact Brian Bell at 312-321-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.