BiographyBrenda Robinson is a partner in the Entertainment and Media Law Practice Group of Swanson Martin & Bell LLP. Her law practice focuses on intellectual property and entertainment matters on behalf of clients in the music, film, and television industries. Throughout her career, Brenda has provided legal counsel to numerous recording artists, musicians and composers, actors and actresses, production companies, film financiers and investors, authors, arts organizations, athletes, and entertainers. Brenda has acted as production counsel and executive producer for numerous documentary and feature film projects as well as scripted and unscripted television programming.
Brenda is a graduate of the University of Michigan and obtained a law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and a certificate in Business and Public Policy from the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. Brenda is an associate member of The Recording Academy and sits on the board of the Grammy Music Education Coalition. Brenda is also active in the Sundance Institute and is a member of the Women at Sundance Leadership Council and separately serves as an advisor to The Redford Center. As a dedicated philanthropist in the arts and entertainment community and advocate on behalf of creative artists, Brenda currently serves on the boards of The Representation Project, Chicken & Egg Pictures, the Lookingglass Theatre Company and the Lyric Opera of Chicago. Brenda is a patron member of Film Independent and was appointed as a member of the Kennedy Center National Committee for the Performing Arts. Brenda is a founding advisory board member of the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, The Recording Academy
- Board Member, Grammy Music Education Coalition
- Sundance Institute, Women at Sundance Leadership Council
- Member and Arts Circle Patron, Film Independent
- Board Member, Lookingglass Theatre Company
- Board Member, Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Board Member, Chicken & Egg Pictures
- Board Member, International Documentary Association
- Board Member, The Representation Project
- Advisory Board, The Redford Center
- Member, Kennedy Center National Committee for the Performing Arts
- USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, Founding Advisory Board Member
- 50 Attorneys of Note in the Music Biz, Billboard Magazine, 2014
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition in 2013, 2014, 2015
Chicago, February 6, 2019
Robinson, Grammy Music Education Coalition Launch All-Star Ambassador Program
The non-profit collective is dedicated to bringing universal music education to all public schools in America.